Tag Archives: astrology

Zodiacal Angels

Aries / Melchidael

02 Taurus

Taurus / Asmodel

03 Gemini

Gemini / Ambriel

04 Cancer

Cancer / Muriel

05 Leo

Leo / Verchiel

06 Virgo

Virgo / Hamaliel

07 Libra

Libra / Zuriel

Scorpio / Barchiel

Sagittarius / Advachiel

Capricorn / Hanael

Aquarius / Cambriel

Pisces / Amnitziel

1 Comment

August 13, 2016 · 11:33 am

Strange Days Are Here Again

Today marks the start of an astrological period in which five planets – Pluto, Jupiter, Saturn, Mars and Mercury – are all retrograde at the same time. Fortunately this will last only until May 8th, when Jupiter turns Direct.

When a Planet is Retrograde, which is to say its apparent motion from Earth’s point of view is backwards, then its energies are best directed inwards, rather than outwards. That is to say, whilst it may be a bad time for trying to deal with other people, it is however a good time for dealing with yourself, for example your mind, your internal thought processes, and your own spiritual development.

Going against the grain during a retrograde period is often thought not to lead to success – as is most commonly thought during a Mercury Retrograde period. This is not entirely true – it is only a bad time if the disasters happen to other people, otherwise one may be lucky enough to experience a certain amount of schadenfreude!

For those that are interested in such things, the crucial dates for the rest of 2016 are as follows:

Most number of planets retrograde at one time: 29th April to 8th May i.e. 5.

Most number of planets direct at any one time: 19th November to 18th December, then 30th December til end of year i.e. 1 – apart from four days at the very beginning of the year, there have been and will be no time in 2016 when there is not at least one planet retrograde at any one time.

1 Comment

Filed under Supernatural

The Astrology of Earth Day

Earth Day was first instituted in the United States on April 22nd 1970 by Senator Gaylord Nelson, Representative Pete McCloskey, and a number of other concerned individuals including one Julian Koenig, a PR Executive. The idea was that every University and School would set aside one day each year exclusively for teaching its students about the Environment. Since its beginnings 45 years ago Earth Day continues to be marked as an unofficial Environmental awareness day.

Why, though, was it held on April 22nd? According to Wikipedia:

Senator Nelson chose the date in order to maximize participation on college campuses for what he conceived as an “environmental teach-in”. He determined the week of April 19–25 was the best bet as it did not fall during exams or spring breaks. Moreover, it did not conflict with religious holidays such as Easter or Passover, and was late enough in spring to have decent weather. More students were likely to be in class, and there would be less competition with other mid-week events—so he chose Wednesday, April 22.

It also happened to be Mr Koenig’s birthday!

However, when Your Humble Blogmaster first heard about this Earth Day business, I did not have access to the historical detail as related above. What I did see, however, was the influence of forces beyond mortal ken at work. Specifically: April 22nd is when the Sun first enters Taurus – the sign of Fixed Earth. So, either Senator Nelson was secretly into astrology as well, or in fact Earth Day is decreed by the stars!


Filed under Supernatural

The Cause Of All Our Problems…

Saturn, as seen from Voyager.

God loved it so much that he put a ring on it.

Recently I have been receiving evidence (if evidence were still needed) that Astrology is real: all too real in fact. To wit: I have had people approach me various problems, some quite serious, and ask me if I thought there was a supernatural cause for them? On examining their natal charts I discovered that in each instance, at the time the client claimed to be experiencing a calamity, Saturn was transitting one or more planets in their natal chart. I even found one instance where, a querent had a number of planets clustered together in their horoscope. They had a list of problems, and through back-checking, each problem occurred as Saturn transitted each successive planet in the cluster. The correlation staggered me: as transitting Saturn went conjunct natal Venus, romantic problems occurred; as it went conjunct natal Mercury, communication problems with colleagues occured; etc etc etc.

The positive in all this negativity is that if – as I believe – such problems can be directly linked to Saturn, it is also possible to predict when the same problems will alleviate themselves. The planet Saturn has a twenty-nine year orbit around the Sun, which in astrological terms means it takes twenty-nine months or just under two-and-a-half years to pass through each Zodiacal sign. However, because it goes retrograde on a regular basis, its passage through a sign is not straightforward. So, for example, although Saturn is only retrograde for approximately four-and-a-half months, it will not exit its Shadow until eight months after first turning retrograde. During this time it will have gone back and then forward over a 7 degree section of the horoscope which, if you have any planets or major angles there, is going to feel pretty shitty (See here).

To conclude, I would like to make two points. Firstly, if you are having a rough time, do not automatically assume that you are being maliciously attacked, either occultly or otherwise. Instead, get an astrologer to analyse your natal chart with respect to current transits, to see if it isn’t actually something that will pass of its own accord. Secondly: try to avoid reading too many astrological websites about Saturn!!! I have found that although many of them say things along the lines of you will experience a tough time during this period, etc, few of them provide actual solutions as to what to do in the meantime. This is where Hermetic Magic comes in. Hermeticism is firmly rooted in the astrological paradigm, but its scope is far more ambitious than astrology – or what most modern astrologers believe to be astrology. One of my favourite quotes from the Corpus Hermeticum is this:

Nay more, if we must boldly speak the truth, the true “man” is e’en higher than the gods, or at the [very] least the gods and men are very whit in power each with the other equal.

For no one of the gods in heaven shall come down to the earth, o’er-stepping heaven’s limit; whereas man doth mount up to heaven and measure it; he knows what things of it are high, what things are low, and learns precisely all things else besides. And greater thing than all; without e’en quitting earth, he doth ascend above. So vast a sweep doth he possess of ecstasy.

X. The Key – Corpus Hermeticum, translated by G R S Mead.

The “Gods” referred to are the Planets of Classical Astrology – that is to say, the ancients believed that the planets were not just named after the gods, they ensouled them. Hence, Hermes Trismegistus is saying that it is possible for a human to raise his or her consciousness (“mount up to heaven”) to become higher than the gods and hence ultimately transcend their influence – and achieve true Free Will. A magical system such as the Golden Dawn believes that the occult techniques it teaches to Adepts enable an initiate to do just this. Even if one is not an experienced magician, the simple act of becoming aware of the planetary influences which affect you at any given time is the first step in being able to lessen their power over you.

1 Comment

Filed under Supernatural

Interview With A Past Life Therapist

Daniella Batham, Past Life Therapist

Daniella, Past Life Therapist

Daniella is a practising past life regression therapist, and in the course of her work she makes use of energy clearing, hypnosis, karma clearing, Neuro linguistic programming, shamanic healing, guided imagery, affirmations, and many other techniques. She also uses evolutionary astrology to establish karmic patterns, and very often involve more esoteric techniques such as spirit release, soul retrieval and ancestral healing. I interview.

How would you say our own past-life experiences have led you to where you are now?

One of the earliest experiences of reincarnation in this life was when I was one. I remember my mother trying to take a photo of me sitting in that old fashioned push chair. I started looking at my foot, raising my gaze up my little leg until it reached my head or mind you like, when a fully formed thought exploded in my head and I screamed without being able to verbalise anything. And that thought was one of sheer terror – ‘Oh nooo, I am born again’. It was far more disturbing than that, but lets just say it was so strong that I remember it with clarity even today.

Strange prophetic dreams, weird coincidences, astral projections from a very early age led me to seek out more information which came in a form of a book when I was 22 and living in Cyprus. The book is the classic on this topic and is written by one of my dearest teachers and guides, the late Dr Hiroshi Motoyama, Japanese Shinto priest, engineer and seer. From that point onward, I started studying karma and reincarnation. I was drawn to anything of that nature and have spent many weekends on spiritual retreats, visiting Buddhist monasteries and reading books. Still I was in ‘the world’ doing my thing utilising my first degree in economics when everything changed when I moved and settled in England back in 1998.

When going through a marriage breakdown, I sought help of a hypnotherapist and have experienced what is known as ‘a spontaneous regression’. The poor therapist was quite shocked and taken a back but my mind took me to a past life with my husband at that time when I had been a middle age man dying of tuberculosis and he was a boy in a concentration camp. Amongst other insights, I understood why I have smoked most of my adult life. Having those sessions in which I remembered the process of my own birth was extremely helpful. Having understood the karma between myself and that person I was having difficulties with helped me forgive him, and me and move out without the heartbreak or normal suffering that ensues after such a traumatic event.

And from 2006 it was all fast and furious in terms of karmic experiences. In August that year, the intense study with my late teacher Dr Roger Woolger, a transpersonal and Jungian psychotherapist and the founder of Deep Memory Process started. On the very first residential workshop, I had, what is known as ‘ecstatic religious experience’ and I’m not ‘that’ religious I tell you. A high angelic form presented itself to me and I believe I had the Manipura chakra opened. In fact I am convinced as I started ‘seeing’ people’s past lives at will as well as being able to see ‘energy blockages’, ancestral karma, and ‘see through hands’.

A period of an intense five years of personal karma clearing followed. Things were flooding in faster than I could cope with sometimes and I spent those five years doing mostly that – working on my self, past life traumas, attending appropriate workshops, praying, meditating intensely, doing mantras, finishing an unfinished business and striving to be at peace.

I never thought I would say this, ever. I never conceived it possible at the first place. But I can say that I had released and healed a very heavy parental karma and found myself free from mentally arguing with either of my parents. I became aware that days were passing and I had not had a nasty image in my head. Peace of mind was becoming order of the day.

How important is belief in Reincarnation to working with Past-Life Therapy?

Not important at all. It is not required that one believes in the concept of reincarnation although it can be helpful. What I encounter with my clients on a regular basis is a question – ‘Was I making this up?’ or some form of doubt in the experience of the present moment. I had worked with many clients without any background in spirituality, let alone a belief in reincarnation and they have all experienced some form of regression into an issue that is important to them.

If a past life does not come up, that is also fine. I work with whatever presents itself. Being guided by the client’s subconscious mind, holding the space, making sure that I am alert to clues and the smallest changes in energy is my personal way of working in therapy.

I found that more important than a belief in reincarnation is a very simple and personal willingness to heal and change. Just a simple willingness.


What kind of things can Past-Life Therapy help a patient with?

Would it be an exaggeration if I said ‘everything’? It is not the past life therapy that is important here. It is a tool, a way, a proverbial horse and carriage to get you to your destination. It is always dependant on the level of personal willingness and readiness to enter into the therapy.
My client experience ranges from working with people with terminal cancer diagnoses, various types of early childhood trauma including sexual abuse, substance abuse, eating disorders to ‘normal neurotics’ and people facing everyday problems such as divorce, relationship and work issues and choppy family dynamics.

The space does not permit to list all of the types of issues people deal with in life and come to see me about, but believe me when I say that there were some miraculous success stories and personal victories. It is always down to client’s determination to work through the issues.

The added bonus and benefit is that this therapy works fast as it goes to the root of the problem and we don’t just “talk about issues”. I’m not too fond of ‘talking therapies’ but they most certainly have their place. Many people are just not ready to enter this type of deep healing therapy.

What are the biggest misconceptions people have about Past-Life Therapy?

This question made me smile. Whatever misconceptions are, they are always cleared by the end of the session. Many people have no concepts of past life, do not know much of what karma is and how it works despite being by their own admission religious, or sufficient level of believe in the simple law of physics that every action has an equal reaction.

If you Google the Newton’s Third Law and read up about it – well, that is what karma is. That’s quite simple to understand.

Client’s come into a session expecting to be transported to ancient Egypt instantly but it is much simpler than that. The fragility of someone’s concepts are actually amusing. Let’s say they do not believe in past lives and are adamant they will not see anything or experience any regression and by the end of the session, they are ‘converted’ by their own admission.

The most common misconception of an entrenched ego of a person who is very pragmatic would sound something like this: “Well, I think I have imagined all that” or something to that effect. That’s fine because imagination heals. The frame work is unimportant as long as it produces result. If a result is that a person stops abusing substance, or heals sore family relationship, what does it matter if they believe in reincarnation or not!?

I never ever try to make people change belief systems. It is their job to find out more about their inner world, what makes them tick and what they will ultimately chose to believe. I know one thing for sure – believes change by themselves in face of evidence and personal experience. It is inevitable.

As I always say, I am just a guide.

Say a client comes to you for a session: what kind of thing would they expect to experience?

Experience is individual. Most of my clients survive🙂

Whatever expectations are, it does not quite matter as much as people think. I would access by the way of an interview and the questionnaire which I ask all clients to complete before a session and return by email, and by looking at their astrological chart for the sticky karmic points (given my thirty years of astrological experience, I can tell a thing or two). What I assess and what I look for is driven by my neuro-linguistic and esoteric training. I look for language patterns because words and language is what we use to create our lives. Most people do not know this but we can’t know everything for every situation, and that’s ok.

I will then spend some time looking at the person’s chart and ‘feel’ around their energy. I actually spend additional time doing this kind of processing as I want to be centred and balanced for the session.

If a client comes in ‘not knowing what to expect’, that’s fine. I explain the process in the first ten minutes and explain that what actually happens is the series of questions and answers. So while they lie on the mattress feeling comfortable, I will ask questions and we go from there. This is usually enough to provide reassurance.

Because of the type of clients sent to me, i.e. everyday people, I have learned to be very gentle and observant as to where people are. Some other therapists who teach courses and hand around ‘spiritual circles’ can afford to go ‘straight in’ as most of their client base are experienced spiritual seekers. Mine just come in from the ‘cold outside world’ and need a bit of looking after🙂.

eu5w7qe5What is your most gratifying experience as a therapist?

What a lovely question this is.

My most gratifying experience is to see how people’s faces light up and how much they change for the better. I love to be able to help. I love to see the transformation takes place and a wonder at a new possibility that opens affront of someone’s eyes. I love to see the amazement on my client’s face as they realise they can live free of pain, they can be free of a particular behaviour, they are freer then they have come in. The body follows the mind, and as the mind heals, the body is happy to follow.

My most deeply gratifying experience is to enable people to take their power back where it belongs – into their heart and mind. The power to create the life they truly want to live and go out and live it. I love being a good guide and doing God’s work.

How does one train to be a Past-Life Therapist?

I believe there are various courses you can find online, but the best therapy training is Deep Memory Process training which is nowadays facilitated by a lady who runs the website after Dr Woolger’s passing. I was fortunate to be one of the last generation of therapists he has trained personally.

I think that a person would feel the call. They would be drawn to past life work as a moth to a flame. It has always been a passion of mine and even thought I did not know I would end up doing this work, since a very young age, I knew I was different and that my life would be different in some shape or form.

A shaman would encounter much of the stuff that surfaces in past life therapy such as spirit release, soul retrieval, ancestral healing etc. Hypnotherapists as well. I am sure many have clients that experience spontaneous regressions. Regular psychiatrists and psychotherapists who deal with clients with various psychosis diagnoses would encounter much of the ‘spirit talk’ in schizophrenia for example but most are busy medicating rather than treating.

I’d like to say a word of caution here: if you, the reader, are interested in doing this work, please make sure you are properly trained. People’s suffering is not to be taken likely and many ‘strange’ things happen in this therapy. I have witnessed many occasions when demonic spirits show up, really scary energies, so if you do not know ‘thyself’, then its best to stay away from this work as it can get hairy. You can go off and get a certificate over a weekend thinking you know what you are doing, but in truth, you can do more damage to your client and yourself than you can imagine. I hold a MA, – a masters degree in movement psychotherapy which I have obtained after having completed my training in NLP, hypnosis, shamanism and deep memory process, to name just a few. I am also a lifelong meditator and student of esoteric arts but I wanted to bring my clinical level to an academic level even though I also practice a different therapy which is the topic of this interview – a past life therapy. It must be said that what I have learned by obtaining the masters in psychotherapy and the proper clinical approach is invaluable. The past life therapy work is not fun and not easy. If you wish to do this work, please make sure you are property trained. I can’t stress this enough.

What are some good books or resources to which my readers could go in order to learn more?

Of course they are. Just go on Google and you will be inundated by the amount of stuff which has been written on this topic.

Hiroshi Motoyama

Hiroshi Motoyama

I was fortunate enough to be introduced to the late Dr Hiroshi Motoyama, whom I recognised as my father in one of my past lives. I have read all of his work which includes studies of yoga and consciousness. His classic on this topic, ‘Karma and Reincarnation’ was my saving grace at the early 90’s when I did not know what was happening to me at the time. This book is a must read for anyone interested in the subject.

My other late teacher, Dr Roger Woolger’s books such as ‘Other Lives, Other Selves’, ‘Healing Your Past Lives’ are excellent too. The classic by Edith Fiore ‘You Have Been Here Before’ is another favourite. For more of a classical approach to the subject, look up Swami J and his writings on karma or indeed, any Vedic text that explain the reincarnation process such as The Bhagavad Gita. This work is essentially an epic poem but it its heart, the theme of birth and rebirth is the springboard for all life dramas that unfold around us. Any books by Dr Ian Stevenson such as the classic ‘Twenty Cases Suggestive of Reincarnation’ or ‘Children Who Remember Previous Lives’ explore the phenomena of ‘spontaneous recall’.

My intention is to write several books in the future resulting from my personal experiences and what I had witnessed in therapy, so watch that space.

Daniella’s website: The Spiritual Healing Center


Filed under Supernatural

How do the astrological Houses work?

Answer by Alex Sumner:

The “Houses” are nothing to do with your Sun sign: instead they are determined by (a) the Time of day you were born; and (b) the Latitude (degrees north or south of the equator) of the place you were born.

The time of your birth determines your “Rising Sign” or “Ascendant,” and is specifically the sign that was rising on the eastern horizon at that moment. This means that the Ascendant will change by one degree every four minutes, or by a complete sign (thirty degrees) every two hours. Astrologically, the Ascendant represents the face or persona you present to the world.

Incidentally, the Ascendant is the First House marker, and technically is the one part of your birth chart which is the true Horoscope (horos skopos = “house marker.”)

The Latitude of your place of birth, when taken in consideration with your time and date of birth, determines the “Midheaven” or “Medium Coeli” (“MC”). This is the sign at the zenith of the ecliptic (path of the Sun) as viewed from the place of your birth at the time of your birth. To put it simply, if you live in the northern hemisphere, the Ascendant is the sign at the point where the sun rose that day, and the MC is the sign where the sun was at midday. Astrologically, the MC represents how you interact with society at large, and also indicates the influence your mother has upon you.

The positions of the Ascendant and MC determine two axes, and between them twelve houses are created. Unlike the signs the twelve houses are of unequal length, due to the fact that unlike the constellations, which are supposedly absolute markers in Space, the houses are relative to your position on Earth. The Houses represent such things as Life; Wealth; Collaterals; Family; Children; Health; Marriage; Death; Religion; Honours; Friendship; and Enemies.

So to get back to your example of Sun in Aquarius… depending on what time of day and where you were born, your Sun could be in any one of the twelve houses. If for example you had been born exactly at dawn, your Sun would have been in the First house. If you had been born at any other time of the day or night, your Sun would have been in a different house entirely.

How do the astrological Houses work?

1 Comment

Filed under Supernatural

Astrology and Intimacy

OK, somebody asked me a question about Astrology and Intimacy, to wit: “Where should each Sign go to have intercourse?”

Here therefore are summaries for each of the twelve Sun signs.



Anywhere, as long as it is nearby.

Aries Lovers are direct and to the point – once they have decided they are going to have sex, they will not want to waste time going about it. In fact, once aroused, they will be downright impatient! Be sure that the kitchen table is sturdy, and the cushions on your living room settee are washable!

More seriously, this gives a great strategy for planning a romantic break with an Aries – wherever you go, always make sure the bedroom is no more than a short distance away e.g. a luxury hotel, etc.



Somewhere cosy and homelike.

Of all the signs Taurus is the one who values domestic stability, but more importantly: they want to get married and stay married for life. Therefore, if you have a sexual encounter with a Taurus, you can bet they will be mentally judging your bedroom along the lines of “Would I want to live in this? Can I get used to this?” If you are serious about romancing a Taurus, you will arrange your room and your home generally to give the overwhelming message This is what you can expect all the time in the future when our relationship blossoms.

For planning a romantic break, it should be the sort of place that your Taurus will want to go back to every year, e.g. to celebrate your anniversary.



Somewhere stimulating. A Gemini is likely to be very impressed if you have a full home entertainment system installed in your bedroom!



Somewhere which affords privacy.

Cancers tend to be sensitive souls. As a crab likes to retreat into its shell when danger threatens, so a Cancer native will want somewhere where they can feel secure. Pick your venue where you are least likely to be disturbed by e.g. neighbours, house-mates, family members, fellow holiday-makers, etc.

Cancers also like photographs, antiques, and curios, so these would make ideal bedroom ornaments.



Somewhere with mirrored ceilings.😉



Somewhere neat and tidy. It should be clean, well presented, with everything in its place. Make sure you do the housework thoroughly before entertaining a Virgo in your home!

Virgo-natives themselves tend to prefer the simple and down to earth touch when it comes to décor (so they are quite literally the polar opposite of Pisces – see below).



Somewhere which is both interesting and romantic. A bedroom decorated with works of art or other features which stimulate Libra’s sense of aesthetics. If, however, you asked a Libra’s opinion on the matter, they would probably say “Oh, anywhere, I’m not fussed.” Partly because they naturally like to avoid arguments, but more importantly they want to stop wasting time discussing, and get straight down to it!



Somewhere which affords privacy – but is fully equipped with satin sheets and even saucy toys. A red room a la Christian Grey, in other words.



Sagittarius-natives like travelling, so ideal places would be whilst on a romantic cruise, or in the middle of an expedition or camping holiday. Possibly also the Mile High Club or the back of a decent people carrier.

A Sagittarius also likes a good party, so somewhere with a party atmosphere would make an ideal date. Your humble author cannot say whether a Sagittarius is most likely to put out in the middle of a party itself, but he will attempt to take a straw poll of people’s signs when he next attends an orgy (all in the name of research, of course).🙂



Somewhere with a fire-escape – so that their lover can make a quick getaway before the Capricorn’s spouse comes home!



Somewhere unconventional. Aquarius-natives like a lot of space, both literally and metaphorically, and don’t like to feel boxed in. Large airy rooms are therefore ideal, or even al fresco.



A fantasy location. When planning a honeymoon or romantic break – a Cinderella like castle. Or, on a more day-to-day basis, a bedroom decorated with a dreamy, romantic theme. Luxury jacuzzis or even a water-bed would not go amiss.


Filed under Supernatural

General Election 2015: The Aftermath

With the results declared, the British General Election is over, and so it is time to see how my predictions fared against the actual facts and figures. I cannot help but think that the overall conclusion to be drawn is that the stars predicted the direction the result was going to go today – though not the precise details.

David Cameron / The Conservative Party

What I wrote:

Cameron (9th October 1966, London) has a lot of favourable influences going for him that day… The Conservatives will be the largest party in Parliament, but without an absolute majority. David Cameron will stay on as Prime Minister, this time of a minority Conservative government, not a Coalition.

What actually happened:

The Conservatives did get an absolute majority – but only just, to wit: twelve seats. However, in practical terms it’s actually sixteen seats because Sinn Fein boycott the House of Commons on principle. The prediction I made did seem to reflect the BBC’s exit poll published just as the polls closed, but not the final results! Still, we should remember that it is entirely possible that with by-elections, this majority may be wiped out and become a minority in the course of this parliament – that is exactly what happened to John Major in 1992.

Ed Milliband / The Labour Party

What I wrote:

Labour will be the second largest, but will experience a loss of seats, mostly to the SNP, but also to UKIP.

What actually happened

Labour were the second largest, and did experience a loss of seats to the SNP. However, due to a quirk in the UK’s election system, they lost a lot of seats not to UKIP, but because of UKIP. More about this anon.

Nigel Farage / UKIP

What I wrote:

…UKIP will see significant gains in the numbers of their seats… UKIP will go through a period of reform where they are forced to jettison the more extreme elements of their party.

What actually happened:

UKIP saw significant gains in their number of votes, not seats. According to a BBC poll, UKIP notched up 12.6% of the popular vote, becoming the third most popular party amongst the electorate, with only the Conservatives and Labour in front of them. However, because of the way UKIP voters are distributed throughout Britain, voting for UKIP divided support for the Labour party, allowing in many cases the Conservative candidate to get in. Had for instance, the same number of UKIP voters been concentrated in a small region instead of equally distributed across the country, the same number of votes would have translated into increased seats in parliament – but the constituency map is gerrymandered against them.

Still I was right about UKIP having to jettison the more extreme elements of their party – e.g. Nigel Farage himself!😛

Scottish National Party

What I wrote:

[T]he SNP … will see significant gains in the numbers of their seats. The SNP will find it difficult to hold the balance of power though, as the other parties will be reluctant to work with them.

What actually happened:

The stars were generally correct about the SNP’s fortunes – also vindicating my decision to examine the horoscope of Angus Robertson, their campaign director. The SNP did see a significant gain in the number of its seats – mainly because, unlike UKIP, they are concentrated in one (demographically) small region (i.e. Scotland), where the average size of each constituency in terms of voters is smaller than the rest of the country. The system, in other words, is gerrymandered in their favour.

The SNP also failed to hold the balance of power, though for different reasons entirely – i.e. the  Conservatives winning an outright majority. However: as I said above, it is still within the realm of possibility that the Tory majority may diminish within the lifetime of the parliament, so the dynamic of power between the parties may yet change.

Natalie Bennett / The Green Party

What I wrote:

[S]he will be disappointed by the result of the election. The day will be pretty much a non-event for her… The Green Party will be neither better nor worse off after the election than before.

What actually happened:

Unfortunately, this is precisely what occurred. The Green Party held on to its one seat in Brighton, but won nothing else.

Nick Clegg / The Liberal Democrats

What I wrote:

Clegg will be the subject of much anger, also the forces of change will be proving difficult for him to make any headway… [I]t will be a good time for Clegg to be alone, and to realise his flaws and weaknesses… The Liberal Democrats in general, and Nick Clegg in particular, will collapse.

What actually happened:

I so totally called this one!!!

Leave a comment

Filed under Comment, Supernatural

What the Stars have in store for… HRH Princess Charlotte of Cambridge

Their Royal Highnesses the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge with Princess Charlotte

Their Royal Highnesses the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge with Princess Charlotte

Charlotte Elizabeth Diana, second child of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and fourth in line to the British throne, was born at 0834 British Summer Time on the 2nd May 2015, at the Lindo Wing of St Mary’s Hospital, Paddington, London, England – 51°31′2″N 0°10′23″W. A horoscope calculated with these data gives the following:

2nd May 2015, 8:34 am (British Summer time).   Sun Taurus, Moon Libra, Asc Cancer.

2nd May 2015, 8:34 am (British Summer time).
Sun Taurus, Moon Libra, Asc Cancer.

What immediately strikes me in this horoscope is that there is so much militating in Princess Charlotte’s favour to grow up, fall in love and have a happy and successful marriage.

Taurus (Princess Charlotte’s sun-sign) is the sign of people who tend to get married for life: moreover, Moon in Libra suggests she will feel romantic and personable. Of this Sun-Moon combination, other astrologers have said:

[This combination]… produces one of the most likable personalities in the Zodiac. Others may have more wit, ambition, or intellect, but none equal the charm and appeal of this combination. A nice home and a close family are your first loves; social contact and involvement, a close second. Your keen social personality is aided by a fine sense of humor and an easygoing outlook. This personality is marked with optimism, even if you’re up to your ears in private woes. Anyone that doesn’t like you is probably motivated by jealousy. You are expressive and idealistic, your nature is inclined toward the dramatic and the artistic.

Sun and Moon Combinations by Michael McLain.

Other famous people with this Sun / Moon combination include: her own first cousin once removed Zara Philips, Catherine De Medici, William Shakespeare, Bertrand Russell, and many more.

More tellingly, Princess Charlotte’s Moon is in the Fourth House – the house of the home and family – signifying that a secure family and home-life is what will make Charlotte most comfortable. Her Caput Draconis (signifier of destiny) is also in the Fourth house, implying that this is the direction she will want to seek in her life as an adult.

With Cancer as rising sign, she will appear to be a sensitive, slightly shy person… but only outwardly. In reality she will actually enjoy a life of public engagements, and draw great strength from being in charge of whatever situation she might find herself in (Sun in 10th House / Cauda Draconis in Aries also in 10th House).

Leave a comment

Filed under Comment, Supernatural

How To Predict The General Election 2015, part two

Following on from my previous post regarding the nature of the problems facing the next Government of the United Kingdom, I now turn to predicting the winners / losers specifically. This I have done by looking that the birth charts of the leaders of six main parties, and comparing the transits made with the horoscope for the election. I use this information to calculate whether they will be celebrating or not come close of polls on Election Day, and hence infer the fate of their party therefrom.

David Cameron – Conservatives.

David Cameron

David Cameron

Cameron (9th October 1966, London) has a lot of favourable influences going for him that day, mainly thanks to the planet Jupiter. This is sextile his natal Sun, Venus and Mercury, signifying it is a good time for new opportunities, making a good impression, and for promoting himself and his ideas. The one warning sign, however, is transitting Saturn square to his natal Mars, which suggests he will not be victorious outright.

Ed Milliband – Labour.

Ed Milliband

Ed Milliband

Milliband (24th December 1969, London) will also be experiencing Saturn squaring his natal Mars – like Cameron. Unlike Cameron, however, the planet Jupiter is not so conspicuous. The minor planets such as Venus and Moon suggest he will experience some transitory good news on the day of the election, but this will not last into the new Parliament itself.

Nick Clegg – Liberal Democrats.

Nick Clegg

Nick Clegg

Clegg (7th January 1967, Chalfont St Giles, Bucks) has a rather nasty T-formation caused by a transitting Mars / Uranus opposition square to his natal Sun. Clegg will be the subject of much anger, also the forces of change will be proving difficult for him to make any headway. Also, Saturn transitting his natal Moon signifies that it will be a good time for Clegg to be alone, and to realise his flaws and weaknesses.

Nigel Farage – UKIP

Nigel Farage

Nigel Farage

Farage (3rd April 1964, Downe, Kent) will be having an auspicious day come May 7th. Transitting Saturn is trine to both his natal Sun and Mars, suggesting he is mature, responsible, and projects confidence: also he is able to meet his responsibilities. Moreover, transitting Jupiter is also trine to his Sun, signifying new visions of the future and new inspirations are likely to come along – an increase of good fortune. However: transitting Saturn opposes his natal Venus, suggesting he would do well to rid himself of delusions when it comes to close partnerships (such his relations with other members of UKIP).

Natalie Bennett – Green Party

Natalie Bennett

Natalie Bennett

Bennett (10th February 1966, Sydney, Australia) has quite possibly the most disappointing chart of all the leaders of the major parties – not because it is particularly disastrous, but because it is totally unremarkable one way or the other! The only transit of interest is that Uranus, representing the forces of change, are in opposition to her natal Moon, signifying that she will be disappointed by the result of the election. The day will be pretty much a non-event for her.

Angus Robertson – SNP

Angus Robertson

Angus Robertson

“Duh, Alex, I thought Nicola Sturgeon was leader of the SNP?” Yes, but she’s not standing in the Westminster Parliament! The leader of SNP’s Parliamentary Party, however, is Angus Robertson MP (28th September 1969, Wimbledon, London), who is confirmed as the director of the SNP’s 2015 general election campaign. I have therefore decided to use his details rather than Sturgeon’s. As it happens, Robertson’s chart has a lot of good points to say about it: Jupiter is sextile his natal Jupiter, showing that he will find it easy to work with his own natural talents for ensuring success. Moreover, transitting Saturn is sextile a natal stellium of Sun, Mercury and Uranus, indicating that he has a more mature grasp of his own capabilities, and projects a more responsible, perhaps serious, and self-assured personality to others. Progress he makes during this transit period is likely to bring him rewards in his career, whilst the forces of change are generally working in his favour. The only warning note is transitting Saturn square to his natal Venus, suggesting that he will have a tough time working on improving his manner as well as the things that he offer to others in partnership.


I shall therefore put my neck on the line and make the following predictions as to the result of the election:

  • The Conservatives will be the largest party in Parliament, but without an absolute majority. David Cameron will stay on as Prime Minister, this time of a minority Conservative government, not a Coalition.
  • Labour will be the second largest, but will experience a loss of seats, mostly to the SNP, but also to UKIP.
  • The Liberal Democrats in general, and Nick Clegg in particular, will collapse.
  • Both the SNP and UKIP will see significant gains in the numbers of their seats. The SNP will find it difficult to hold the balance of power though, as the other parties will be reluctant to work with them. UKIP will go through a period of reform where they are forced to jettison the more extreme elements of their party.
  • The Green Party will be neither better nor worse off after the election than before.

1 Comment

Filed under Supernatural